Author Topic: Chart comparison with the All share index  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Larry Kirkbride

Chart comparison with the All share index
« on: 02/01/2009, 07:51:29 PM »
Since loading the new version of SPA I can no longer find a way of loading a chart comparing the performance of my portfolio with the JSX All share index. Has this facility been dropped or can i just not find how to do this although I was able to with the previous SPA version?

Offline Caroline Jankovich

Re: Chart comparison with the All share index
« Reply #1 on: 02/01/2009, 08:19:06 PM »
Hi Larry ... can still be done.

When you have the "chart" screen open click on the bottom chart of open trades.  Left click on the "edge" of the blue solid and you will see handels appear.  Now Right Click and select Remove Chart. Do the same for the chart above and then again in the main chart click on the red line to get the handles and then delete and the same for the green line and delete.   Now you just have your portfolio on the screen. Click on your portfolio chart to get the handles again and now Right Click and select Overlay Indice and here you scroll down until you find the JSE-ALSH.  Highlight that and click OK and now you can compare your portfolio with the All Share again.

Cheers
Caroline

Offline Andrew

« Reply #2 on: 03/01/2009, 11:59:06 AM »
I have also noticed that there is no way to save your preferred chart layout on exit.  If you like to see the portfolio performance with the ALL-ORDS overlay, you must set this up every single time you open the chart.  Has anybody found a way to do this?

A suggestion for Mark.... Perhaps this could be part of the next upgrade?  The ability to keep your changes on exit.  Or perhaps make this automatic, but add a "Default" button that reverts the charts to the default?

Cheers!
Andrew

Offline Mark Linton

• IT and Product Guru
    • Share Wealth Systems
« Reply #3 on: 03/01/2009, 05:12:19 PM »
Caroline has already put forward this feature request with work currently underway  :thumb:

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: 09/08/2019, 03:16:44 PM »
"If you like to see the portfolio performance with the ALL-ORDS overlay, you must set this up every single time you open the chart.  Has anybody found a way to do this?  "
I think Gary Stones eugm of 01/08/2019 did exactly this.  ie SPA RP1 Portfolio vs XAO.
Will this become available to users ? And when ?