Author Topic: SPA3 INVESTOR - TRAINING  (Read 8346 times)

Offline Wazza 808

SPA3 INVESTOR - TRAINING
« on: 24/05/2015, 09:47:47 AM »
Guys
Apart from the detailed white paper Reference Manual for the SPA3EFT , I have been unable to find any on line training videos on how to use the updated Beyond Charts with EFTs. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I am keen to learn more.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers Wazza :wave:
« Last Edit: 18/11/2019, 05:16:51 PM by Campbell Sinclair »

Offline Allan Langer

Re: SPA3EFT - TRAINING
« Reply #1 on: 24/05/2015, 12:37:31 PM »
Good call. I would also like see the complete process of selecting a trade or trades and changing etfs while the markets changing the risk.Visually for me, gives me a better understanding of using the new software.

Allan

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
« Reply #2 on: 24/05/2015, 08:54:43 PM »
Wazza & Allan,

This was covered in some detail in the eUGM on Friday.

The link for the recording can be found here:

Using SPA3ETF

Regards
Gary
« Last Edit: 24/05/2015, 08:56:52 PM by Gary Stone »
On the journey

Offline Chris Brooks

« Reply #3 on: 25/05/2015, 10:00:56 AM »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the link, I will watch this later.

I notice though that some of the eUGM links are not showing in the memebers area yet (last one April 16 I think).  How long does it normall take for the links to be updated?  There was one a few weeks back that I wanted to watch.

Thanks
Chris

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
« Reply #4 on: 25/05/2015, 11:12:11 AM »
Chris,

There were no eUGM's between April 16 and Friday's.

I did mention in Friday's eUGM that I was waiting for the Revised SPA3 MR and SPA3ETF to be available for all customers. before holding Friday's eUGM. Unfortunately that took a couple of weeks longer than originally envisaged.

We haven't yet missed publishing a single eUGM within a business day or so of the event being held.

Regards
Gary
« Last Edit: 25/05/2015, 11:33:03 AM by Gary Stone »
On the journey

Offline Roger L

« Reply #5 on: 25/05/2015, 08:29:26 PM »
Wazza and Allan,
I would be interested to hear how you get on with progressing your training.
I've been a member for 5 years and found spa3 trademaster and gps training to be well documented and easy to follow.
With EFT training I've watched the webinar and read the first 58 pages of the manual and am still unsure of what to do.
I think I'll wait and see.
Roger

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
« Reply #6 on: 25/05/2015, 09:41:50 PM »
Roger,

What are you unsure of?

Is it to do with how to use SPA3ETF functionality or to do with how you might use SPA3ETF? Or which strategy to use? Or which ETFs to use?

If you are unsure I'm sure that others will be and discussing what you are unsure of openly maybe I can assist in clarifying a way forward?

Maybe it is SPA3ETF's simplicity compared to SPA3 for equities on the ASX or NASDAQ?

Regards
Gary
« Last Edit: 26/05/2015, 02:57:16 PM by Gary Stone »
On the journey

Offline Allan Langer

« Reply #7 on: 26/05/2015, 05:08:56 PM »
Wazza and Allan,
I would be interested to hear how you get on with progressing your training.
I've been a member for 5 years and found spa3 trademaster and gps training to be well documented and easy to follow.
With EFT training I've watched the webinar and read the first 58 pages of the manual and am still unsure of what to do.
I think I'll wait and see.
Roger

I have printed the 58 pages and put in a folder.I find it much easier to read and understand if its on paper than somethings on a computer screen.

Offline Tom Pearce

« Reply #8 on: 21/07/2015, 01:20:48 PM »
Hi Gary and Team.
Just wanted to say ETF has been up and running for a while now and loving it!
So uncomplicated and user friendly at every level.
I really like the scope of easily being able to trade most regions of the world. So when Australia is struggling to offer a return, other markets are trending positively.
So thanks for that
Tom

Offline JenzanRich

SPA3EFT - TRAINING
« Reply #9 on: 17/03/2016, 04:56:07 PM »
Hi

Having just upgraded to SPA3EFT I have read the comments, read the manual, read the trading plan and watched the eUGM and have to agree with others that there is some fragmentation with the info. From my perspective there is no flow in that we are shown how to set things up but not how to go from one step to the next.

My chosen strategy is to use the ASX EFTs using the Relative Strength philosophy. I am assuming that this is the same as the RS that uses the overseas indecies as the ASX approach is not specifically mentioned anywhere that I can find.

When the SPA3EFT is loaded into Beyong Charts and scanned it appears that there are 8 stocks, even though it specifically states in the documentation that only 5 (4 listed) will be used. Has the list been expanded sometime in the past 10 months. Listed are SFY / SLF / STW / IVV / VAS / VTS / IJH / IJR

Running the BC scan on SPA3EFT there are no BUY signals listed, but that is because there are no BUY signals generated from yesterdays close? This scan is performed daily I would guess but only if you have an open EFT that needs filling so you will be looking for a EFT BUY? I cannot change the settings of the Scan so cannot specify a longer period to check if this does generate more BUY signals based on past data.

UPDATE - Have changed the settings (memory) and scanned back a longer period and have now simulated the Buy / Sell signals.

One a week (Mondays) you will carry out a manual scan of the 4 / 8 EFTs to see if anyone has a higher RS than the one currently in your portfolio. If there is the one you are holding will be sold and the higher purchased.

To start with you do not have to wait for a BUY signal but can open with the EFT with the hightest RS that is currently open (has had a BUY signal in the past but no SELL signal). It also has to satisfy the criteria that the closing high is higher the the previous lowest low.

Is there anything that I have missed. I am planning on opening with SLF as per the RS signal.

UPDATE - The Buy signal for SLF was generated months before SFY / STW / IVV etc so the question here is should I go with the highest RS irrespective of when that Buy signal was generated?
« Last Edit: 17/03/2016, 05:20:55 PM by JenzanRich »

Offline Alex Kennedy

« Reply #10 on: 10/07/2017, 12:05:55 PM »
Was this post attended to, and if so can I please see the response?

Offline Dave McCulloch

• Lead Educator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 10/07/2017, 01:10:25 PM »
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question.

We are currently working on a complete SPA3ETF getting started course which will take new and existing customers through a series of contextual units to help them move forward in a structured way. Units are accompanied by video, audio narration, interactive questions, diagrammatic tables and downloadable documents to help you build a strong understanding of the investing philosophies, methodologies and mindset required for successful investing. We'll let everyone know as soon as the course is ready to go.
In the meantime you can access some very useful learning materials in the SPA3ETF section of the SWS members zone, or if further assistance is required please feel free to contact support for some introductory pointers to help you on your way.

Regards,

David.

Offline JohnR

« Reply #12 on: 17/11/2019, 10:53:58 AM »
SPA3ETF section of the SWS members zone
Could you provide a link to the above please?

I'm a bit confused about the SPA3ETF product, is there a separate add on that I don't have? yet my Beyond Charts Watch under Industry Watch Lists do list ETFs as follows:
SWS ASX ETFs for SPA3 Investor.
SWS ETFs for SPA3ETF.
SWS Stocks for SPA3ETF.

All of the above ETFs within appear to have the system ATR-TS buy and sell signal system applied and working.
I went looking for the link SWS Members Zone in Beyond Charts but couldn't find it.

I also noticed the drop down menu in the video opening scene is different to mine in Beyond Charts?
https://learn.sharewealthsystems.com/courses/306456/lectures/4717777
See attached images. My Beyond Charts is image 1 with no ETF listing.
:confused:

There are more confusing things in the BC drop down menu but they aren't related to ETFs so will enquire separate about them.

Offline Dave McCulloch

• Lead Educator
  • Administrator
Re: SPA3ETF - TRAINING
« Reply #13 on: 18/11/2019, 03:51:56 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks for your questions.

SPA3ETF is the same product as SPA3 Investor.

We changed the name to SPA3 Investor to reflect the fact that it also encompasses large cap stocks in the methodology. So that means that the watch lists were also named ".....for SPA3 Investor".

(It's possible you might still have the old legacy SPA3ETF Watchlists as part of your database, but these will not impact the running of BC)

All educational videos are now located in the SWS Education Centre and this can be accessed directly from within Beyond Charts.

Go to the home tab and you'll notice the Education Centre icon. Click on it, and then you'll be taken to the site where you just need to enter your email address and Member ID to log in.

The SPA3 Investor reference manual and Getting Started guides in the documents section of Beyond Charts will provide useful information on the background of SPA3 Investor and possible ways in which to construct a portfolio. 

As a starting point though, I'd begin with the Education centre and the SPA3 Investor course.

If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

David.

« Last Edit: 18/11/2019, 05:00:32 PM by Karl Stanguts »