Author Topic: Mark Douglas, a legend of the investing world, leaves us  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."

It is with sadness that I inform our customers that Mark Douglas passed away suddenly on Thursday September 10. It was totally out of the blue.

Mark is recognised as one of the legendary trading psychology coaches in the world today. Through his direct coaching, books and workshops, Mark taught us how to think like professional traders and focus on mindset to achieve consistent returns. His best-selling books include “The Disciplined Trader” and “Trading in the Zone”. He completed the final chapter of a third book a few days before his passing.

As you all know I am a huge advocate of Mark's material which is original and profound. I urge those that haven't read "Trading in the Zone" to do so and to watch, and re-watch, his video coaching material in the Education Centre that Share Wealth Systems has exclusive access to for our customers.

Mentor is too light a word to use for me personally to describe our relationship. In our regular lengthy phone discussions over the years, the last just 3 or so weeks ago, we covered so many topics that we all encounter from just 'doing life'. His view on so many things was deep and reflective.

On Saturday 26th Sept I will be attending Mark’s Memorial in Phoenix, Arizona. Heather and I were supposed to meet with him and Paula on his birthday, 27th September, making his passing seem even more surreal than it is.

Our sincere condolences to his family and to Paula.

Mark’s legacy lives on through the positive changes he’s made to so many people’s lives around the world.  Through his written works his great wisdom and insights will live on for future generations.

Regards
Gary
On the journey

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
Re: Mark Douglas, a legend of the investing world, leaves us
« Reply #1 on: 12/10/2015, 04:12:27 PM »
Since posting this announcement on our Forum I have received numerous direct emails one of which, before I left, suggested that I represent at Mark's Memorial Service all of those within SWS, and maybe even Australia, that have been touched by Mark's life's works.

I thought that a short note to the Forum would be appropriate about Mark's Memorial Service.

I had the opportunity to meet one of Mark's younger brothers and his younger sister. Stories of their family and childhood were testimony to Mark's work.

At the Service Paula wanted people to take to the pulpit and talk about how they knew Mark. Around 30 or so people did so. I hadn't planned to but felt compelled to when so many took up the invitation. Being the only international visitor I felt like I was representing Australia but also felt that I gave some insight to all his local friends how far and wide his works reached.

The majority of attendees were his neighbours from up and down the street in the two suburbs in which he and Paula lived while in Phoenix. Their stories about Mark were so consistent from one to the other. They really confirmed who he was, a genuine and deep person who wasn't satisfied with skin deep discussion. He brought the best out people just by knowing him from a neighbourly chat in the street.

One of his 'adopted' daughters of 37 years gave the deepest character endorsing testimony about Mark. It was most appropriate and touching. Needless to say, nearly all were reaching for handkerchiefs and tissues.

It was a privilege and an honour to be in attendance but I, and I'm sure all in attendance, couldn't help but feel the world had been robbed far too soon of a great contributor that still had so much more value to add to other people's lives.

Thank you all for your emails of support but Paula, Mark's wife, needs it far more. Please feel free to email her on paula@paulatwebb.com with any supportive comments, even about how Mark's material has helped you.

Regards
Gary
« Last Edit: 12/10/2015, 04:39:47 PM by Gary Stone »
On the journey