Author Topic: profit stop signals not appearing for Nasdaq ???  (Read 1597 times)

Offline David McGuinness

profit stop signals not appearing for Nasdaq ???
« on: 18/08/2015, 09:10:29 AM »
Hi all,
I'm wondering why profit stop signals are not appearing for some Nasdaq holdings that have closed beyond the price where I would expect these signals to appear.
I trade the Nasdaq with the default 21:08 settings.  In the parameters menu, the 'take profit stop' is set to 'true'.

The stocks that I hold, which I think should have given a profit stop signal, are:
MLAB (now up 21% but did close roughly 33% up)
ACFC - up 21%
EFOI - now up 15%, but was up around 36%
FCSC - did close up around 27%, but has fallen back now.

When I look at the ATRVE of these stocks, it seems to me that profit stops should have appeared for all. Do I have a problem with my scan, or is there something I'm missing (quite possible).

I'm anxious to close good profits out before they reverse, but at the same time want to stick to the rules.
Cheers,
Dave

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
Re: profit stop signals not appearing for Nasdaq ???
« Reply #1 on: 18/08/2015, 11:14:09 AM »
Dave,

There are two scenarios in which a Profit Stop will not appear at the standard calculated price:
1. A WCB4 occurs on the day that the PS was to occur in which case the Profit Stop is extended by another 50% (default) or the amount entered into the parameter "Profit Stop Increase Percent".
2. Following a WONB4+DBx signal the SIROC enters into a WONS1 state. While in a WONS1 state awaiting a Daily Sell signal Profit Stops are suspended.

MLAB is in a WONS1 state.
ACFC, EFOI a WCB4 occurred on Fri when the PS occurred.
FCSC is operating off the first entry signal that occurred on 19th June as the basis for determining % increase. The Wed close on 5 Aug was up 22.4% which is just below the 23 required for an ATRVE > 6%.

Trust that this helps.

Regards
Gary
On the journey

Offline David McGuinness

Re: profit stop signals not appearing for Nasdaq ???
« Reply #2 on: 18/08/2015, 11:41:13 AM »
Hi Gary,
thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.
What this means is that its probably time I go back and look over the SPA3 reference manual again, to refresh myself on the underlying rules.
Regards,
Dave