Author Topic: Some signals have disappeared  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Steve

Some signals have disappeared
« on: 02/11/2015, 11:45:36 AM »
Hi
After the low risk signal on the 21st Oct on the Nadsaq, I did a scan on the 22nd Oct, plenty to choose from, but some of the signals displayed, on the scan have now disappeared.
I am completely useless, when it comes to computers, so would it be possible for some body to go back to the Thursday 22nd Oct and do a scan.

Settings are 17/07.   50000

Some of the signals that came up on the day, that are now gone are: CTXS, DMND, MESG
I would appreciate, if some body could explain what I am doing wrong.

Regards

Steve

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
Re: Some signals have disappeared
« Reply #1 on: 02/11/2015, 11:59:56 AM »
Steve,

All 3 of these stocks have liquidity greater than $2.0M which means that signals will NOT be displayed for all 4 standard NASDAQ Scan parameters.

For these signals to have displayed on your chart or to be signalled in a Scan you must have used a Scan Profile that allows liquidity of > $2.0M. This can be found is the right side Panels under 'Parameters'. (On any open chart right click, select "Side Panels", then select "Parameters".

Rgds
Gary
On the journey

Offline Steve

« Reply #2 on: 02/11/2015, 12:14:07 PM »
Thank you Garry.

I will go back and read the white paper on NASDAQ and try and set up properly.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Steve

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
« Reply #3 on: 02/11/2015, 12:28:34 PM »
Steve,

Just read your first email again and noted the 50,000 liquidity setting that you mentioned.

This is the minimum liquidity setting. There is also a Maximum Liquidity setting with a default of 2,000,000. A user defined set of Parameters can be set up that up's this limit.

Regards
Gary
On the journey