Author Topic: Trademaster weekly system  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Ray M

Trademaster weekly system
« on: 23/03/2017, 04:31:11 PM »
Not sure how this will go, first try here!
Anyone here using Trademaster with a weekly charting system, I can't see any benefit from it so has anyone worked one out?
thanks all.

Offline Gary Stone

• Administrator
  • "Anything can happen."
Re: Trademaster weekly system
« Reply #1 on: 26/03/2017, 11:45:29 AM »
Raymond,

Can you elaborate further. Not sure what you mean by "weekly charting system".

Regards
Gary
On the journey

Offline Ray M

« Reply #2 on: 26/03/2017, 05:04:24 PM »
Thanks Gary, I want to use B/Charts set at weekly when checking results of SPAETF search.
Don't want 5 day week etc, prefer the longer time spans.
Trouble is there appears no way to then use Trademaster ?
Was hoping someone here using a weekly setup had worked out how to do this.
Actually thinking about a system of enter on daily signal and exit on weekly but I have no way of backtesting this so may not be worth the effort.
Note! I have not bought a single ETF as yet.
Thanks again , Ray.

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 28/03/2017, 12:30:07 PM »
Hi Ray,

The weekly signals work the same as the daily signals to TradeMaster once you have acted on the signal in Beyond Charts. Although the scan for SPA3ETF is set up only to look for daily signals, so the approach is slightly different for weekly.

To take the weekly signals across, you do need to look at the charts for each individual ETF and make sure the Data Mode under chart is Weekly. Double click an entry signal then move to TradeMaster and go to Act On -> Spa Signal (the first in the Act On menu) to take it across.

As the SPA3ETF scan looks only at the daily signals, you will need to eye ball the charts once a week for any weekly signals.

Contact the office by email or phone and we can take you through how to do this if you are unsure about the specific steps.

Kind Regards,

Campbell Sinclair

Offline Ray M

« Reply #4 on: 28/03/2017, 04:49:05 PM »
Thanks Campbell, that seems to work, bit fiddly,any chance this being covered next update?
I take it I can't add extra columns anywhere in Trademaster?
I have to put in imaginary amount cash which seemed to work.
Thanks again,Ray.

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 29/03/2017, 01:55:33 PM »
Hi Ray,

By the research we have done SPA3ETF is not a weekly system, it is a daily system although we do know that people use the weekly signals. We do not intended to make the weekly signals in to a system by including them in to the scan.

TradeMaster is static in terms of the menus and columns available, it is not a generic portfolio tool but one built specific to the SPA3 methodologies. Generally we do believe all the information there to run the portfolio to the methodology are included but if there is anything specific you would like to see please pass it on and we will be happy to consider it.

Kind Regards,

Campbell Sinclair