Author Topic: BC - Relative Strength Comparison Scan display  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Vernon Kronenberg

BC - Relative Strength Comparison Scan display
« on: 12/08/2017, 11:15:00 AM »
Greetings all,

I might be having a problem with the BC screen display of  my Relative Strength Comparison scans.
This weekend I got 560 out of 2567 'hits'.  The results screen is spread right across the page with lots of white space. The 6 columns that I can see are as set out below:-

Code: Security Name: SX: GICS Sector: ICB Industry (no entries): Periods above RSC.

My question is: are there more columns?  If yes, could SWS re-format the page so that the column: Periods Above RSC - does not take up almost half the page and I can see what is beyond it. Can I re-format the page columns myself  and save the result? And how do I do this?
Cheers,

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
Re: BC - Relative Strength Comparison Scan display
« Reply #1 on: 14/08/2017, 01:03:46 PM »
Hi Vernon,

There are more columns behind the scenes but the default layout is best for the scan type being used.

ICB Industry fills up if you use USA based stocks.

Right click on any of the column headers -> Customise Columns. This will show additional columns and information that you can add to the scan results page that benefit you, via a Customisation box in the bottom right hand corner of the results screen. Double click on any of the options to add it to the scan results grid.

You can also left click and drag the column headers to re-position where they sit, as well as click and dragging column headers out of the scans grid removes them from display.

Regards,

Campbell Sinclair

Offline Vernon Kronenberg

« Reply #2 on: 14/08/2017, 08:21:55 PM »
Thanks for that, Campbell,
FYI, your advice to "Right click on any of the column headers -> Customise Columns" didn't work for me because when I right-click I don't get the customise option. But when I clicked on "Best Fit" the columns then became adjustable. And the 'behind the scenes' option is available under "Column Chooser"., I think. Best wishes & thanks again.

Offline Jennifer S

« Reply #3 on: 15/08/2017, 11:33:40 AM »
Campbell, I have used the columns on a number of occssions but have been unable to save a watchlist with them in it. This is a headache for example if you want to regularly look at EPS or DY etc. Is there a way to save a watchlist with the columns you choose remaining as you have arranged? For example saving a top 50 with the DY EPS or other still applied?

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15/08/2017, 01:11:02 PM »
Vernon,

My mistake and apologies. Your terminology is correct and "Column Chooser" is what always should be looked for. I let my thought process get in the way and jumped to the title of the dialog box that appears! Appreciate you pointing that out.

Jennifer,

The Watch List being saved with desired columns is not possible right now due to stage the grid is compiled behind the scenes, as I understand it.

I will send through an email with the steps on how to achieve what you are after using BCFL, in case you are not the familiar with the areas being touched on and need further direct assistance to set it all up. I would encourage anyone else with interest to email us directly at support@sharwealthsystems.com