Author Topic: Indices Watchlist  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Ray M

Indices Watchlist
« on: 26/01/2018, 03:05:43 PM »
OK, but B/Charts won't import list of sectors, I tried removing the $ prefix but still no go.
Keep getting the import message with the sector codes shown and saying these have not been imported??
I have loaded plenty of W/Lists before no problems!
Thanks for any help. Ray M.
« Last Edit: 29/01/2018, 05:02:02 PM by Campbell Sinclair »

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Transurban Retail Entitlement Offer
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/2018, 02:43:27 PM »
Hi Ray,

It is likely a simple change to get your import working.

The first is if you are trying to import a watch list of sectors via the Watch List Manager panel -> Import a Watch List, make sure that the code is the same as it would appear in Beyond Charts. So with the $ prefix.

Then when you are in the 'Import Watch List' box, change the Instrument drop down (under where it says Global Settings) from 'Stocks' to 'Indices'.

Otherwise if you are having issues still, let us know via support@sharewealthsystems.com and attach the file you are trying to use. We can send detailed instructions from there.

Offline Ray M

Re: Re: Transurban Retail Entitlement Offer
« Reply #2 on: 29/01/2018, 04:56:30 PM »
Thanks Campbell, just found they are in at top of watch lists, ran thru SPA3 Relative strength OK.
I see the XAO is closed so is it OK to use the Indices that show open valid??
How di I get a list of that indice to scan.
Sorry, somehow my question above ended in this subject, was trying to put in the discussion re this subject. 

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
Re: Indices Watchlist
« Reply #3 on: 30/01/2018, 03:05:22 PM »
Hi Ray,

Thank you for taking my call earlier this afternoon for me to clarify your question - it is in response to this thread: http://www.sharewealthsystems.com/forum/index.php/topic,3268.0.html

The functionality is an adaptive use of the SPA3ETF Relative Strength strategy, so the valid / invalid does not necessarily apply. It is best to go to https://learn.sharewealthsystems.com and go through courses 1-4 to understand the features of this product and what their purposes are throughout Beyond Charts. Most of all - how to take advantage of them.

Now in scanning the contents of a given index, you want to use Classifications for your scan so you don't have to maintain any Watch Lists of your own. You can utilise a custom BCFL scan, default Relative Strength Scan or a SPA3 for ASX scan (with a New Entries setting) to get the most out of these steps, to help assist finding new opportunities. The SPA3 for ASX default New Entries scan by default has a Classification setting of All.

1. Open the Scans panel on the right hand side. You can also do this by opening any chart, right clicking the background -> Side Panels -> Scans. Make sure the tack icon to the right of the panels title is vertical so the Scans panel will not disappear as you move your mouse away.

2. Click in to the Profiles tab of this scans panel -> click and highlight the scan you want to use -> Click in to the Securities tab next to the Profiles tab at the top of the Scans panel

3. Everything in this tab, between the Securities / Classification / Watch List boxes is scanned over when you start the scan. To scan over a specific set indices or just the one, you may need to remove contents in the boxes.

4. Now open the Securities Explorer on the left hand side, if the Scans panel is pinned it should remain open with the Securities tab showing on the right hand side. Under the Securities Explorer, click in to the Classifications box above the 'Search by Code or Name' box. Left click and drag your desired Sectors over to the white Classifications box on the right hand side.

5. Run a scan by clicking 'Start Scan' at the top of the Scans panel OR go to Systems -> Start Scan.

Now scans do not process duplicates, so if desired you can return to a full market scan by re-adding a Watch List Explorer on the left OR re-adding the 'All' classification from the Securities Explorer.

For any specific assistance such as the start scan button is greyed out or Beyond Charts is not letting you drag the classifications box over, contact us directly and we will be happy to assist.