Author Topic: Interactive Brokers Australia  (Read 553 times)

Offline Gwenda Connolly

Interactive Brokers Australia
« on: 26/07/2018, 03:16:10 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to get organised on SPA3 for NASDAQ & I see comments from members about Interactive Brokers in America but nothing
about Interactive Brokers Australia. Can anyone shed some light on this. Does anyone have experience with them? What are the drawbacks to using the local branch?

Offline Kelvin Abrahams

Re: Interactive Brokers Australia
« Reply #1 on: 26/07/2018, 04:53:59 PM »
Hi Gwenda,
Interactive Brokers is a useful platform for the US market. I use it.  Brokerage is low particularly on small positions where they work on cents per share or parts of a cent.
They are particular about keeping your paper work up to date, e.g. WEN8 registration forms.
The office in Australia is only an answering machine last time I tried.  Now I use the phone number in Aust that takes me directly to their Hong Kong office where the opening hours are close to ours.  I have had all my issues resolved by the HK office.
The trading platform is not friendly but there are training videos which can help.  I use the web trader almost exclusively as it is the easiest for our low tech trading.  Once you have RegT setup you may place a sell and a buy order funded by the sell order.
Worth a go.
Cheers
Kelvin
Kelvin
Brisbane Qld.

Offline Alan Kras

« Reply #2 on: 26/07/2018, 05:04:45 PM »
Yes, IB works well but Reg T won't work for Super, so you need to wait for cleared funds to buy

Alan

Offline Gwenda Connolly

« Reply #3 on: 27/07/2018, 09:56:26 AM »
Thank you Kelvin & Allan.
Will give it a go.

Offline Tito

« Reply #4 on: 27/07/2018, 10:21:27 AM »
I find IB mobile phone app the easiest way to monitor my portfolio and place trades. Very easy to use.