Author Topic: Sell Signal for Legend Mining Limited (LEG)  (Read 731 times)

Offline Jason Northage

Sell Signal for Legend Mining Limited (LEG)
« on: 14/08/2018, 07:56:58 PM »
Hi,

I am wondering if I am missing something. I have a stock in my portfolio, Legend Mining (LEG), which had a sell signal on 9/8 but when I run a portfolio scan it doesn't come up as a sell. Could someone please shed some light on the reasons for this?

Thanks in advance

Jason

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
Re: Sell Signal for Legend Mining Limited (LEG)
« Reply #1 on: 15/08/2018, 09:34:45 AM »
Hi Jason,

As LEG is a sell for all SIROC settings, my main suspicion is that the sync between Beyond Charts' SPATM watch list for your portfolio and TradeMaster needs to be re-established.

To do this, in TradeMaster open the Portfolio Menu -> Open Trades - Current and click 'Create Watch List' in the bottom left. This will override and re-establish the sync for the existing portfolio watch list in Beyond Charts.

Try the Portfolio scan again and see if it re-appears.

In case you're still having no luck, open the Scans panel on the right hand side of Beyond Charts (right click a chart background -> side panels -> Scans). Make sure the tack in the top right corner is facing down.

Under the Profiles tab, highlight the Portfolio scan name so it's in focus and click in to the Securities tab at the top. You want to ensure your current Portfolio watch list is present under the Watch List box and not an older name or a different portfolio perhaps. You can drag across your SPA3 for ASX portfolio watch list from the left hand wide Watch List Explorer if needed.

Offline Jason Northage

« Reply #2 on: 19/08/2018, 08:21:01 PM »
Thanks Campbell

I have tried what you suggested below and run another scan but I didn't get a sell signal for LEG. The scan came up with a sell signal for IMA so I'm not sure why it came up for this and not LEG.

I also have HIG and AB1 in this portfolio and they both have sell signals in the charts but didn't come up as sell when I run the scan.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards

Jason

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 20/08/2018, 03:06:59 PM »
I got in touch today with Jason and there was one step missing in my previous post that was the culprit.

Under the Settings tab of the scans panel, following the same steps to ensure you're looking at the Portfolio scan in the scans panel, ensure that the scan type is set to Portfolio from the drop down list.

The advanced scan type does not have the logic to look for exit signals prior to the previous day.