Author Topic: BC profit/loss line study wish list request  (Read 550 times)

Offline Jeff

BC profit/loss line study wish list request
« on: 14/09/2018, 07:55:09 PM »
Hi SWS team,

Not sure where I should post BC improvement requests so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place.

I use the Profit/loss line study functionality quite often.  Currently it generally snaps onto the closing price of a candle/OHLC chart.  I'd like to be able to click any start / end point on a chart and have the current PL data calculated on those two points. eg: click the low of a candle on the start date and high of a candle on the end date (and ideally just want to measure from a start point to an end point and not necessarily on a piece of chart data or line study data).

Can you put this on the wish list for me please.

Keep up the good work......it's a great product and service that you provide.

Cheers

Jeff

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
Re: BC profit/loss line study wish list request
« Reply #1 on: 17/09/2018, 12:37:02 PM »
Hi Jeff,

We appreciate the suggestion and feedback, it is always good for us to get a handle on areas for improvement. There are existing methods you can go about that may interest you.

In the line studies panel once you have highlighted the Profit/Loss line, change the position property at the bottom of the panel to Floating before applying it to a chart.

You will still need to click and drag for initial positions with the mouse however, the information will adapt to where the nodes are. Not a locked in position based on an indicator or bar on the chart.

Then you can double click the line study or right click -> modify to specific exact values on given days if desired.

Another alternative is to set up a Swing Chart indicator to outline the notable highs and lows, then apply a locked line study to the indicator so it snaps to the high or low prices.

Offline Jeff

Re: BC profit/loss line study wish list request
« Reply #2 on: 17/09/2018, 10:36:32 PM »
Ask and thou shalt receive.

Thanks Campbell.......I have never noticed the position field before.  That is exactly what I wanted to do.

Cheers

Jeff