Author Topic: week data display before weeks end  (Read 222 times)

Offline Jennifer S

week data display before weeks end
« on: 19/03/2019, 01:31:50 PM »
Hi
I realise BC doesn't display any of the current weeks data when set to weekly bars due to the misconstruing of signals prior to weeks end. I appreciate this, but for those of us that wish to look at all available data (irrespective of signals)  I am wondering if it is possible to consider a change in BC so that week data is displayed as it happens. It could always display  a prompt or note explaining the risks or  it could also disable signals while in this view. Alternatively there may be able to be some mechanism (Im sure all the clever IT people would like the challenge) where a button in the tools could click to display week view including the current week.  without confusing signals
Just a thought ??? currently I use other chart programs just to analyse charts  which show  up to date weekly data and would like to be able to do so in BC

Offline Campbell Sinclair

• Support & Administration
  • Administrator
Re: week data display before weeks end
« Reply #1 on: 20/03/2019, 02:41:53 PM »
Hi Jennifer,

At the moment there are no changes to plans to add this in to Beyond Charts, although I have re-raised it with the team internally.

We have always struggled to see what the end benefits are that align with our beliefs in non-discretionary, mechanical investing. It always comes across as a nice to have feature, that ends up with people sitting at their computer more with an increased risk of making decisions on data that may not be there in another hour or day.

Text warnings do provide information but not necessarily comprehension. It does not stop people when they may not have understanding to the full implications of what they are seeing.

It may change of course but this is largely were we have been sitting at on this feature over the years. Happy to hear any further thoughts from yourself or any other customers.

Offline JohnR

Re: week data display before weeks end
« Reply #2 on: 25/03/2019, 06:29:47 PM »
Shade and program the Weekly and Monthly bars as incomplete periods and non actionable? like half tone.
A program is only as good as the programmer  ;)
« Last Edit: 21/04/2019, 07:02:58 PM by JohnR »