Author Topic: Dividends in SPATrademaster  (Read 3885 times)

Offline John Moran

Dividends in SPATrademaster
« on: 16/10/2007, 09:57:24 PM »
Hi all,

I have a margin loan with Leveraged Equities and all my trading is done through that account. As far as I know I cannot have my dividends paid into that account so my dividends are paid straight into my business account.

Am I right in thinking that I should enter my dividend amount into SPATrademaster and then do a withdrawal transaction for the same amount so that the dividend is recorded?

Regards,
John Moran.

Offline David_S

Re: Dividends in SPATrademaster
« Reply #1 on: 17/10/2007, 03:36:27 AM »
Hi John,
Normally the dividend payment is included in TM so that your portfolio value increases, which means your next position size is slightly larger and the magic of compounding is allowed to work. If you don't wish this to happen but want the dividend recorded in TM, then the method you describe should keep your books balanced.

Alternatively, you could transfer the dividend payment from your business account into the margin loan and have the best of both worlds, as well as saving interest.

Regards,
David

Offline John Tassopoulos

« Reply #2 on: 18/10/2007, 05:00:11 PM »
Hi John,

>> As far as I know I cannot have my dividends paid into that account so my dividends are paid straight into my business account.

I have an LE acount.  Ring your LE account manager to obtain the BSB and (your) account number.  Reroute your divs into the account, and record divs (and interest charge) in TM.  Problem solved.

Cheers,
John Tassopoulos

Offline John Moran

« Reply #3 on: 19/10/2007, 04:53:09 PM »
Hi David and John,

Thanks for the replies. That was helpful.

I was pleased to hear from you John. It's been a long time since I've seen your name on the forum. It's good to know that you're still with us.

Regards,
John Moran.